Leighanne's recipes

These are recipes that I cook most often! I thought it was about time I put them all together so I had easy access. If I know the source of the recipe, it will be written at the bottom:)

My Photo
Name:
Location: victoria, Australia

Mother of two...doing my best to be Healthy and Happy in my own skin

Saturday

Raspberry Coconut Slice

makes 15

Base:
1 egg white
1/3 cup sugar
30g light margarine
1/4 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Topping:
1 cup raspberry jam
2 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 180c
Base: In a mixing bowl, beat egg white and sugar for 1 minute using electric beater. Melt margarine, then add to milk pour into bowl and combine. Fold in sifted flour. Coat a slab tin with cooking spray then press mixture using your hand to flatten and spread evenly over tin (dip hand in flour so mix doesn't stick)
Topping: Microwave jam for 30 seconds then spread evenly over base. in a meduim bowl beat egg whites until stiff, gradually adding sugar. Beat well each time sugar dissolves. Fold coconut through then spread over jam. Bake 35 - 40 minutes.
Leave to cool then cut into slices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home